From strength to strength!
We have revised our crankshfts for Lambretta. We worked with the manufacturer for alsmost three years and we are very satisfied with the results. The testing lasted as long as the development work.
The new crankshafts for Lambretta are available with 58 mm and 60 mm stroke and 107 mm, 110 mm and 115 mm conrod:
- stroke 58mm, conrod 107mm – part no. BGM10758N
- stroke 60mm, conrod 107mm – part no. BGM10760N
- stroke 58mm, conrod 110mm – part no. BGM11058N
- stroke 60mm, conrod 110mm – part no. BGM11060N
- stroke 58mm, conrod 115mm – part no. BGM11558N
- stroke 60mm, conrod 115mm – part no. BGM11560N
Tested on the circuit
Darren Conneely of the Team Replay successfully tested the bgm PRO Competition crankshafts during the BSSO competition of the season 2018. Paul “Chalkie ” White of the Team Replay mounted on the Lambretta Group 4 the cylinder bgm RT 195 and the new crankshaft bgm PRO Competition. With a power of over 30 HP on the rear wheel and up to 11,000 rev/min that was a real endurance test.
And while we intensively tested these crankshafts on road, Darren, with our crankshaft, took the second place in the Group 4. Congratulations!
Stroke 58mm, conrod 110mm
The good features remained the same whereas the some other significant technical details were improved.
Improved features are:
- Precision-ground crank pin holes on the crank webs for perfect anti twisting qualities
- Precision-ground and coated crank pin
- Forged connecting rod with CNC finishing
- Hardened and precision-ground bearing surfaces and oil seal seats
- Broad selection of stroke and connecting rod combinations
- Quality assurance of each individual crankshaft through 100% ISO and QC certified manufacturer testing
- Full circle crankshaft for increased primary compression
- Forged crank webs
- Reduced engine vibration thanks to fully balancing with hidden pockets, copper and tungsten balance weights
- Lubrication of the lower conrod bearing via two large lubrication slots
- Hub pin diameter 22 mm
15 years experience in crankshaft development
There is 15 years of experience with building our Lambretta cranks. The development of this new and massively improved type has taken another three years of development work and tests to realize a shaft that offers maximum anti-twisting stability.
Team Replay used a selection of bgm parts during the BSSO race Series in 2018. Replay’s rider Darren Conneely finished the season in Group 4 on a 2nd overall using the new crank.