The Lambretta ignition
The bgm PRO Lambretta ignition was one of the first of our bgm products. Now the latest version 4.5 with silicone cable is available: bgm PRO ignition base plate
The first sample of the ignition base plates was presented on our stand at the Eurolambretta ’07 in Neckarsulm. The base plate of our ignitions is based on the electronic ignition, which was introduced in 1970 with the Lambretta dl 200 electronic. Later this Innocenti ignition base plate was “adapted” by Piaggio for the Vespa. This type of ignition is probably the most widespread model.
In direct comparison, the bgm PRO ignition base plate gives an extremely stable ignition spark and maximum light output due to the optimized number of turns and wiring.
bgm PRO Lambretta ignition base plate 4.5
With version 4.5 of the Lambretta ignition base plate, good things get even better. The good and proven features of our ignition remain and have been optimized in many small details:
- 120W strong light output thanks to maximum number of windings
- Proven excitation coil with copper plate for highest reliability
- Pickup with carbon barrier layer for a clean ignition pulse
- Cleanly processed light coils
- High quality solder joints
- Grey and black bougier tube
- Sufficient cable length for individual cabling
- Optional spacers to adjust the pickup height when used with other pole wheels than the bgm PRO rotor.
- Base plate in black
- Scale with degree exact scaling for quick adjustment of the ignition when flashing
- Silicone cables: extremely flexible & temperature resistant (-40°C to +250°C).
The alternators are available as AC and DC versions:
- AC = alternating current = light via alternator
- DC = direct current = light via battery